Thursday, October 9, 2008

How was your day today

This post I found in my edits and realized I didn't publish....
routine question that Pappa and I ask each other daily . Well for me it is routine get the kid off to school, get ready for work, drive 50min one way, work, drive back home. Thoughts through my head are what bills need to be paid this week-thus it is pay week and the $ is gone before we get it. I write down my reminder list of things I need to do, places i need to call, and things I need to buy.


I can tell how Pappas day was when I get home, if his truck was moved from the driveway, what progress he has done with his tool shed, then upon entering the house what was done inside too. I tease him that Sassie our older cocker spaniel tells me what he did today. Sassie and Pappa usually have sleeping contests and she always wins believe it or not.

Some of her words of advise were so what I needed to hear. I actually am speechless about this.

This week so far Pappa is doing fairly good. He has been getting up with me, making his coffee, letting the dogs outside, and as he calls it putting around. A couple of days ago last week he was in bed for most the day and took his meds before I got home and retired for the night.

I do tell myself everyday that I am thankful for my life and the people in it. Somedays seem so hard to get through, but very true God would not give us anything we could not handle (I just wish he wouldn't trust me so much!).

No comments: