Thursday, March 12, 2009

not why me


As I read the blogs that I follow and listen to a co-worker that I have tell about her daily events of taking care of her grandchildren (her daughter is a heroin addict, homeless, and on the verge of permanently loosing her children, while the father is in jail for shoplifting and also a drug addict).
I am grateful for what I'm going through!
I am grateful that Papa is taking his meds, going to therapy and getting up everyday and going to friends farm.
I am grateful that he snores at night-it used to annoy me but now I cherish it because I know that he is lying next to me alive, warm, and safe for today.
A friend told me that God builds us for our lives, that he won't give us anything that we can't handle.

I have been following a group with a former veteran of the Iraq war. He had started a group called Save A Vet. I participated in a chat on Tuesday evening and I am so sad of all of the women that have to "deal" with their husbands/boyfriends that come home and have not received treatment. They are where I was 4 years ago and it just breaks my heart.
Again I am grateful

No comments: