Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chestpains

When he went to the hospital, he was in the first night and I went in the next day in the afternoon they were going to give him his Meds. I had told them that he was on 100mg Clozapine in afternoon, and 300mg at bedtime. After lunch I had asked the nurse If he was going to get his dose and she came and was going to give him 400mg tabs and I said whoo, what are you giving him? she said it was down for 400mg 3x a day! That proably would have killed him!!! the first night he was there I felt he was safe, after that I was soo worried about him and could not sleep until he came home.

1 comment:

Mr Mans Wife said...

Oh my goodness, that is so scary. We had a problem with meds when Mr Man was in hospital for a physical ailment too - the nurses weren't going to give him any! I find that a lot of medical staff generally don't understand the importance of getting the meds right unless they are specifically trained in mental health. One GP told me that I didn't need to worry about Mr Man going straight back onto his full dose of Clozaril after he had missed some! Obviously I don't need to tell you how wrong that is!